We, Kelley F. Maldon and Alex Maldon; herein referred to as “Seller”, sold to:
Here in referred to as “Buyer”, on this date:_____________,one canine described as:
For the sum of $________. This Dog is in good health with no evidence of illness to the best of the Seller’s knowledge at the time of sale. As a condition of sale and as part of this agreement, both parties hereto mutually agree to the following conditions:
1) Health Guarantee: The Buyer/s agree to take this dog to a veterinarian of his choice within 72 hours of purchase or delivery for a health check by their veterinarian. Should the dog be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which is clearly attributable to the seller, the dog may, upon presentation of a written diagnosis from said veterinarian, be returned for a refund of purchase price or for another dog of equal value or greater value if the buyer pays the difference. The choice of which is to be determined by the seller.
2) Limited Health Guarantee: This dog is guaranteed against Legg-Perthes, Von Willebrands Disease, and Progressive Retinal Atrophy for a period of one (1) year from the date of sale. Should this dog develop any one of these defects, the Seller will upon receipt of a veterinarian’s statement and any report/test results, be returned for a another dog of equal value or greater value if the buyer pays the difference. The choice of which is to be determined by the seller.
3) Pet Spay/Neuter Clause: Buyer/s hereby agree NOT to breed this dog, as it has been purchased as a “PET ONLY” that is “not intended for breeding”. Buyer/s further agree to have this dog rendered sterile and will mail “proof of sterilization” to the Seller no later than 30 days after this sterilization. Any agreements other than the above must be documented.
4) Guarantee of Registration: The seller agrees to provide the Original Certificate of Registration and/or a signed transfer, or a completed Application for Registration to the Buyer/s when all other conditions of this contract are met and all monies due are paid “IN FULL”. Payments made by check are not considered paid until the item clears the bank. Paperwork and puppy may be held until that time and/or shall be mailed first class mail or otherwise delivered to the Buyer within 30 (thirty) days of the completion of the terms of the contract. The Seller certifies the integrity of the pedigree and the registration of this dog.
5) Limitations of Guarantee: This guarantee applies only to the original dog purchased and is non-transferable. Puppy/dog must be returned in good physical condition. No replacement will be made if this individual has been bred, spayed or neutered (exception is #2) or if the registration or application has been lost, expired or transferred. The Buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the seller.
The Buyer/s shall be solely liable for any and all costs/fees incurred for subsequent corrections/ and or enforcement of this agreement. The buyer/s also agree that all deposits are non-refundable and are to be applied toward the purchase price of the puppy/dog. Any refunds of the purchase price are to be determined by the seller. The seller assumes no responsibility for the dog after it leaves the Seller’s premises: medical or veterinary expenses, or for any other reason not stated above.
The Buyer/s also agree that this Dog will receive quality veterinary care and be a housepet. This Dog will be fed a premium quality natural diet such as Innova, Solid Gold, Timberwolf, or Doctors Foster and Smith and is never to be fed a chemical based diet, Science Diet or grocery store grade food. All shipping costs incurred are the responsibility of the Buyer. Seller may also reclaim dog should buyer fail to keep him in acceptable condition and should his health and welfare be at risk.
Buyer has read and fully understood the above and agrees to all parts and portions of this agreement constituting a legal and binding agreement between the two. Any additional conditions or provisions are noted on this agreement over the signatures.
Mutually agreed to by Buyer/s;____________________________________________________________
On this date:
Attachments : shot record, 4 generation pedigree, certificate of registration or application for registration (if copy, signed original will be mailed after sterilization)